I’ve fixed a couple of minor bugs – thanks to Go Endo and Pierre-Gildas Millon for reporting these issues.
I have been sent some further spells and a character class by Ben Sutherland today, these have now been added to the data file. There are also some other minor alterations (and with D&D Manager 2.2 or later you can overwrite existing data correctly). This can now be downloaded from the data page (direct link here).
Thanks for all the contributions so far from Patti Devlin, Go Endo, Eric Rahm, Ben Sutherland and Wordman. If you have any further contributions, please send them to me so they can be included.
Over the past couple of weeks I’ve overhauled the attack screen to make it easier to use. I’ve also improved how attacks of opportunity work as well as made quite a few other minor changes.
Thanks to Wordman and omnihedron for the suggestions used to improve the attack screen for this release.
This is the least exciting news ever but is worth recording. I’m changing the way I version releases to make more sense. Minor bugfix releases will be x.x.x (e.g. 2.1.6). Releases with major features which don’t break file compatability will be x.x (e.g. 2.1) and those releases that do break file compatability will be x (e.g. 2, 3 etc) which should make the versioning a little clearer.
At the beginning of August I’m going off travelling for 6 months or so and I’m not taking my laptop with me. If you have any bug fixes or minor features you’d like adding before I leave send me an email in the next couple of days.
I’m currently working on improving the attack screen and I should be making a software release with that complete sometime in the next week. Though I’ll be happy to do another bugfix release before I leave if needed.
After 3 months, most of which I have been busy doing exams the next version of D&D Manager is ready for release. This includes changes to improve ammo handling, and turn/rebuke undead as well as the underlying coding improvements mentioned in my last post.
Thanks to Ullrich Reichenbach II for the suggestions used to improve the ammo system that have been fixed in this release.
Over the past few weeks I have been working on D&D Manager to improve the source code as I mentioned in my last post. Those efforts have been successful and now the code can be downloaded from the source page. These improvements should make it easier to keep the program high-quality.
For developers only: Giving those changes in a more technical language. Basically I have added defined constants, continued to improve the source documentation and converted the .nib files to .xib files, which now have the advantage that they will behave better with SVN so translations and other modifications can be done easier. Unfortunately they now require Mac OS X Leopard to edit, but the program will run on Mac OS X Tiger and will do for the foreseeable future.
I’ve heard that D&D 4th Edition has been released in the past couple of weeks and I’ve recieved a couple of emails on the subject. Unfortunately I don’t think I will personally be updating D&D Manager to 4th edition as I don’t really have the time to update it and soon I’m going travelling for 6 months.
I am happy to work with anyone who wishes to update D&D Manager to 4th edition D&D and I will aim to respond to any questions you have on the source code promptly.
At the moment I have been tidying up the code for D&D Manager (a bit like what Apple is planning for Snow Leopard) and
PS If you want to translate D&D Manager to another language I’m happy to provide assistence there too.
PPS As I’m going travelling any bug reports you have are definitely welcome.